The Barbel Society Committee.
1. A main Committee co-ordinates the Society's activities and deals
with major issues. It consists of President, Vice-President, Chairman,
Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer.
2. There are four Specialist Panels run by
the Panel Chairman, namely Research & Conservation, Youth Development,
Fisheries and Communication.
3. The panel Chairman are members of the main Committee and share
decision making on important issues.
4. Regional groups give a local dimension
and contact point for members. Regional Contacts meet yearly with
the Regional Coordinator and Committee to ensure effective liaison.
5. Society merchandise, exhibitions, conference organising, website
and advertising are all dealt with by their respective managers.
The Society also has its own Legal Advisor, website administrators